I've been entering for a long time, and my number came up!
This is not sketchy in the least. I have not been spammed, or had my identity stolen. It's just a manga reviewer (Jason Thompson) getting rid of his enormous collection, five a day for a year.
If you hate manga, pass this on to someone who likes it.
Yep, that's all. I hope everyone had a good one, and ate enough food to get through the winter. :D
I went to the NaNoWriMo site to see if my account on the forums was still active. I typed in the same username (jamtachi) and password I use whenever I have to join a forum. No luck. I tried a couple variations with no result, then figured the forums must have reset some time since I'd last been there--it's been six years, after all.
I was blocked when I tried to create a new account, "This email address already has a login associated with it. Click here to reset your password."
Confused, I reset, then checked my email.
The me of 2003 liked to go by 'dazzler', apparently.
Other ppl who might be doing this: what's your name? If you can bear to be friends with a My Little Pony, we can be writing buddies!
Nobody on my friends list has posted anything in ages, so I'll break the silence.
Would you see this movie?
This is a chain started by a friend of Thomas's, which I am extending to anyone reading so I can get some little crafty doodad from him.
The first five people to respond to this post will get something made by me.
This offer does have some restrictions and limitations, so please read carefully:
1. I make no guarantees that you will like what I make. What you get is what you get.
2. What I create will be just for you, with love, or at least with gusto.
3. It'll be done this year.
4. I will not give you any clue what it's going to be. It will be something made in the real world and not something internetty. It may be weird or beautiful. It might or might not be edible.
5. I reserve the right to do something strange or quirky, but I promise not to embarrass you in public. I also reserve the right to do something fairly predictable and boring, but with, you know, thought and love.
6. In return, all you need to do is post this text into a note of your own and make five things for the first five to respond to your note.
This offer is null and void if I do not see you post your own note to pay this forward.
Have fun, kids.